Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Power Squash

おはよう!

We've got a great drink here today! I knew as soon as I saw Power Squash soft drink that I would be trying it out. How could you not be charmed by the Dragon Ball Kai characters showing off their power on the can? This stuff must be magic.

I'm not really knowledgeable on anything Dragon Ball so I'll be hard pressed to give you character names but there were three different can designs that I could see. I picked this one since I'm pretty sure he's the main character.



Another reason I bought this is because Pokka is a pretty good beverage company. I routinely purchase their cans of unsweetened green tea.

Upon further inspection of the can at home I figured it was an energy drink since it boasts various B vitamins and is well...called Power Squash. The taste confirms that. The highlighter yellow liquid is carbonated and tastes like some radioactive combination of bubble gum, cotton candy and other chemicals that are most certainly not conceived by mother Earth. According to a friend of mine it tastes a bit like Monster energy drink but worse. I'm by no means a connosseur of energy drinks (I think they'd make my heart explode) so I'll take her word on it.

This can was expensive- $2.99, which I suppose for an energy drink imported from Japan, it's not that bad. It's cool and gimmicky with the Dragon Ball characters (and by Jove, I love gimmicky things) but I would not purchase it again.

UPDATE:
I got a comment asking where one could find this beverage and I actually came across an online shop. Now, I have not ordered from his site so I in no way endorsing it but they do actually have it.
http://www.conbinijapan.com/proddesc.php?cat=4&prod=612

5 comments:

  1. That's Gohan, who is kinda the main character during the Cell Games, but the real main character is his dad Goku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification! I was familiar that Gohan was a main character but there's a lot of spiky hair stuff going on so I wasn't sure who was who. Now give me a Sailor Moon character and I can pwn anyone. Cool kid right here folks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna buy it !! do you know if i can buy it by internet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was doing some research on sites like asianfoodgrocer.com and jlist.com, even ebay, but I couldn't find it! Apparently, "power squash" has something to do with tennis raquets so that's all I found...If I come across it I will update the blog with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a limited edition drink so they don't make it now and there was 12 different can designs

    ReplyDelete