Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Meiji Chocolate Mint Gum

こんばんは!

Happy almost Thanksgiving!

This week I tried something INCREDIBLE. (I reserve caps only for the most exciting of situations- so be prepared).

Meiji Chocolate Mint Gum.



Yes that's right. Chocolate mint gum. Now, I don't know who doesn't like those flavors to begin with, but in a lasting gum form from Meiji? Heavenly. Now, my curiousity was certainly peaked when I saw the package but often when I have chocolate flavored things that aren't actually chocolate, they taste more like Tootsie Rolls. I couldn't be more wrong.



The package describes the outer layer as chocolate mint soft candy and the inside as chocolate gum. However, it tastes like a chocolate mint mind-blowing explosion of every yummy York peppermint patty/Lindt ball/Ghiardelli square TRUFFLE ever in your mouth. I could not believe I was chewing gum and not an actual candy. This is some Willy Wonka magic, my friends. I cannot express to you enough how blown away I was by this gum.


(Your mind will not be able to comprehend the fact that this is not a fancy truffle for a few seconds FYI)

Now, I don't really endorse any website in particular to purchase treats from since I purchase all of mine in a physical store but this is the only place I found it on the internets.

http://www.jbox.com/product/KNS204

This particular treat I purchased outside my usual haunts. I took a great overnight trip to Brooklyn/Manhattan and buzzed by a few of the Japanese convenience stores near Bryant Park, in particular a newer one called Sunrise Mart. I believe it was only $1.49, which was surprising!

Have a safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment