Friday, November 18, 2011

Meiji Praline & Macadamia Cookie

こんばんは!

I will make no secret of my love for Meiji products. One of my first Japanese snacks was Meiji's mushroom shaped chocolates. They were incredible...rich chocolate, crunchy biscuits...I was in love. However, Meiji products' quality reflects in the price and I am incredibly cheap. On my last trip to Asian Food Market I was pleasantly surprised to see these Meiji chocolates on sale, it was in my basket nigh immediately.



They are a praline flavored treat and consist of a nutty biscuit covered with a cone (acorn shaped?) of white and milk chocolate. They were delicious, of course. The biscuit is a touch salty which pairs great with the chocolate covering it. I was also impressed with the fact they use sugar and a small list of ingredients instead of like 50 chemicals. Perhaps it's just me, but I feel like that may be part of the reason they taste so good. I could definitely each a ton of these in a sitting.



Now, I paid $1.98 for them on sale and they are normally $3.99. There are only 8 individually wrapped treats in the box which is awful on the value front. However, it's certainly quality over quantity for this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment