Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hokkaido Milk Soft Candy

こんばんは!

This week I tried one of my purchases from Disney's Epcot's Mitsukoshi. I didn't really know what to expect from this product and really, I don't even know WHY I picked it up. Maybe it was the cow.



This product mentions Hokkaido...I don't know if it's actually from there but to the best of my knowledge, that region is known for farming so perhaps there is some correlation there. All sorts of yummy things are mentioned on the front including cream and butter. In English, it talks about how there is calcium and that it is healthy. Do not be fooled, my friends, for the nutrition facts inform me that there is only 1% of the daily requirement of calcium in one candy.



This bag cost me $3.99 and there are about 10 candies inside. Not great, deal-wise but now we get into the best part- the candy itself. Man oh man did this unassuming white blob surprise me. It's DELICIOUS. It's soft and chewy and tastes just like sweet cream with a little bit of butter richness. I've never, ever had a candy like this and can't equate it to any American candy I've had. I could eat, like, the whole bag, but in the interest of calories, I'll hold off (26ish for each candy).



If this is what I get for picking up rather boring looking, random products then I better do it more often.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just eating my last one. SO good! Wish I had bought more while I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw how old this blog is, I can't believe I am even calling it old... But in a way very cool, like the Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reaves, you wrote a letter and I saw it, in the future. Anyways, thanks for post this great article.

    ReplyDelete