Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Glico Butter Pretz

こんばんは!

Pretz (pronounced purettsu) is one of those old school Japanese snacks. It's been around in the US as long as I can remember drooling over Pocky as a new and exciting foreign specialty as a dorky high school student. Ahh those were the days...

While other friends and family went nuts for the snack, I was a little put off by how basic it seemed. If I'm gonna eat a Glico biscuit, it darn well better be covered in chocolate and called Pocky!



I didn't even try Pretz until a few years ago when I saw "Pretz Meets Wine" on the shelf at Asian Food Market. Now, if my snack requires me to consume wine, you know I will purchase it post haste. The box was large and colorful and showed the fancy cheese flavors baked into the little biscuit straws. By the way, it did go well with wine.


(Look at how easy that is to open! )

Since I have NEVER seens Pretz Meets Wine again, I decided to stop trying delude myself into thinking it would magically appear and buy a normal Pretz. The little box was $1.99 and contains one pouch with approximately 30 or so little biscuits. They weigh in at about 124 kcals for the whole box.


(pictures of light small cylindrical objects never come out well...)

The flavor was good! It assuredly tasted of butter but was not overpowering, just a subtle richness. I like the shape of the biscuits much better than traditional crackers for snacking purposes (with wine or otherwise ;) ). I'll likely pick up other flavors of Pretz to sample. The "salad" flavors worries me though...salad as a flavor doesn't make much sense to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Wonderful. I'm also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.
    Banks 51315 Monster Exhaust System

    ReplyDelete