Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Puccho Apple Cider Candy

こんにちは みんなさん!

Today I tried one of the many Puccho candy varieties. I've never had one before but there are a ton of flavors. This was an impulse buy from my last sojourn to Asian Food Market. It was $2.29 for the package which contains 10 candies.



There are a lot of bubbles on the package...I don't really know why since apple cider nor chewey candies have bubbles.



The side displays what one should expect of the candy. The main white chewey part is apple cider soft candy, the white pieces are "shuwashuwa kishiritsubu" (I honestly don't know what it's trying to say but I think these were the sour pieces), and the red pieces are just apple gummies.



Despite the fact they are well within the expiration, the "soft gummy" was a bit hard. It took some persistence to chew but it was pretty tasty overall. It was both really sour and really sweet but balanced. I don't know that I would be able to tell any difference between this and just plain apple flavoring though! I may try some of the others eventually...but I still feel like this is more expensive than I wish to pay for a candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment