Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kasugai Strawberry & Yogurt Ramune Candy


こんにちは!

Sitting around the apartment with a fever today...and it was not made better by Kasugai's Ramune Strawberry & Yogurt candies. I don't know what it is but if it's related to ramune I'm bound to think it mediocre at best and disgusting at worst.



I picked these up at Mitsukoshi in Disney's Epcot for $1.29. Not a bad price considering most stuff at Asian Food Market/Mitsuwa is $1.99 minimum, even for a small pack of candy. Mitsukoshi definitely has things I don't see elsewhere...I've never seen these candies up North.



There's about 30 little candies in the bag and they are either strawberry or yogurt (pink or white). Rereading this I see I'm complaining a lot today (maybe it's the fever?) but I typically haven't had luck with asian yogurt "flavored" things. Yogurt by itself it weird and tangy and we tend to add flavor to it to make it less...itself. Why would you want just a candy that is just yogurt flavored? I see it a lot, though, in Japanese treats.



The candies dissolve in your mouth instantly, sort of like the Coris Whistle Ramune candies, into a chalky powder. If that isn't appealing enough, the super fake/chemically tasting flavors will get you next. I surprisingly thought the yogurt flavor a hair more palatable but they were honestly kind of gross.

I know I have another ramune related candy from Mitsuwa in my collection...I may avoid it for a while.

1 comment: