Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Anpanman Peach Lollipop

こんにちは!

Anpanman is a super popular series of children's characters in Japan. I've seen Anpanman EVERYTHING...pastries, cookies, chocolate, etc. It's inevitable that through my journey of Japanese treats, I will encounter many Anpanman themed items. Today I tried one of them- an Anpanman peach lollipop.



Again, Japanese packaging is great. American individually sold lollipops (Blowpops, dum dums) are not nearly as fun to buy and open. Packaging aside, at about $.80, it was a nice little addition to my Mitsuwa shopping trip. This particular package has a character named Dokin-chan on it. I'm assuming there were other varieties, but I grabbed this quickly without taking too much stock of the flavors.



The pop itself has Anpanman's face on it. It may be a little hard to see in the photo, but it's actually really noticeable. The flavor was surprisingly good for a cheap kid's lollipop. I'm not usually into this kind of candy (It's either chocolate or swedish fish for me!) but I enjoyed this. Of course it was sweet, but the peach flavor wasn't crazy overpowering like sometimes peach flavored things can be.

For the price, novelty and taste, I'd actually consider trying the other flavors if they are still around at my next Mitsuwa sojourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment