Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shigekix Gummy Cola Candy

こんにちは!

I hope it's as beautiful of a spring day for you that it is here! It's the perfect day for some Japanese treats...but since I'm attempting to consume less sugar on the whole I picked my little pack of gummies rather than the awesome looking chocolate bar I have stashed for a future post. Next time!



I picked these up at Mitsuwa without analyzing the package too much. I knew it was cola flavored and cheap ($1.29) , but that's about it.


(Shige is one of the most unimaginative looking characters ever....what is he?)

The pirate-looking brown blob character is Shige. I was hoping Shige had a little medallion prize in every package like the ones shown on the back, but such is not the case. I'm pretty awful with kanji, and not getting any better since Spanish is slowing replacing Japanese as a second language in my head (darn you life, getting in the way of my interests), so I was unable to decode what the deal was with the medallions. I'm assuming it's a contest or collectable program. I really, really wanted a little medallion though...



Moving on! There are about 30 interestingly shaped candies in the package. Right off the bat, I knew I was wrong about this product. I assumed it was going to taste like the cola ramune but it was actually very sour. I didn't see "sour" advertised on the packaging anywhere so it took me by surprise. The gummies were tough to chew and one was enough. This candy wasn't my thing, if you are a sour gummy fan I'm sure you would enjoy them. Shige won't be making his way into my Japanese treats collection again.

No comments:

Post a Comment