Monday, March 26, 2012

Lotte Crunky Chocolate Bar

こんにちは!

I admit it- I bought this chocolate bar for the name! How could I not? Crunky just SOUNDS like crunchy + funky. Any chocolate bar with that sort of sound has a good shot at being weird or delicious.


(I see a lot of sweets with the term "sakusaku" on it-it means crispy)

I find chocolate bars from Japan to be very very expensive. This one was $2.49 at Mitsuwa while some Meiji brand bars were as much as $3.99. Crazy! On a side note, Lotte is actually a Korean company but this bar was made in Japan.



Crunky looked to me to be the Lotte equivalent of a Crunchy (similarity?) bar. I'm not into Crunchy bars so much but I figured this was worth a chance.



The bar is packaged beautifully. It is sealed in foil and placed inside a nice little box. Maybe that why they are so much more expensive than America's little plastic and minimal foil wrapped sweets.



The bar is milk chocolate and chocked full of malted rice puffs. The size and placement of the puffs are different than a Crunchy bar. They are a lot smaller and there are a lot more crammed into the bar. I enjoyed this much more than the Crunchy bar as well. The texture was crispier and the chocolate tasted a bit richer. While still not my favorite chocolate concept, the quality of Crunky is high and I would suggest giving it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment