Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Union Twist Snack

こんばんは!

I enjoyed my last treat by Union so much (Choco-Corn! http://jsnackattack.blogspot.com/2011/12/choco-corn-snack.html) that I wanted to pick up one of their other snacks. Union is actually produced in Korea but sold in Japan (hence the kana and such on the package). This bag was purchased at Asian Food Market for about $2.69.



My choices were between a ring looking cracker and a spiral one. They both had "syrup" listed as the flavor so it came down to the shape- clearly spiral! The packaging is bright and fun and definitely draws your eye to it. Technically it's a "twist" as it says in kana.


It looks like the spirals are supposed to resemble the girl's braids...weird!



Now, this snack was pretty good but not as delicious as Choco-corn. The twists were crunchy and retained that corn taste but they lacked a specific flavor. Syrup is a really generic term...honey syrup? maple syrup? I think this was just a plain sugar syrup. It was certainly tasty and worthy of seconds but it's rather mundane flavor would keep me from grabbing this again. Next time I'm up for some Union treats, I'll stick with Choco-corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment