Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lotte Doraemon Cappucho Biscuit

こんばんは!

This week I tried this ultra cute looking tube of Doraemon biscuits. For $1.99, I couldn't resist the bright graphics! PLUS there is an included Doraemon sticker with a Doraemon secret printed on it.

 

In case you haven't heard, Doraemon is an extremely popular children's character in Japan. He's in pretty much everything you could imagine- TV shows, manga, toys, snacks, video games...and on and on. He is a cat robot from the 22nd century.

 

Even the top piece of foil is adorably decorated.


This is my favorite part of the packaging. I love the bright contrasting colors highlighting parts of the character. CUTE. I usually don't go so nuts over packaging but something about the snack really gets me.

 
(The sticker says he's from the "22th" century...heh)

The snack is produced by Lotte, which is a Korean company that tends to make a ton of Japanese treats. This is yet another variation of the popular chocolate covered biscuit. It's actually difficult sometimes to find treats that aren't nearly identical to this. The treat itself was rather mediocre and bordered on disappointing. The layer of chocolate was thin and the interior biscuit sort of stale.

Who am i kidding? I really bought it for the packaging. The sticker was actually a surprise! I suppose I didn't really inspect the package when I purchase it and was excited to find it. Each sticker is imprinted with a Doraemon secret. I couldn't really get the gist of this one...it had something to do with kimono sashes. Ah well. What is a cat robot doing with a kimono anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment