Saturday, May 26, 2012

MaruKyo Ketchup French Fries

 こんばんは!

I'm reviewing a surprising Japanese snack today....MaruKyo's ketchup french fries! I picked these up for a little variety at Mitsuwa for $1.99. I tend to pick up a lot of sweet snacks and so I figured I needed to spice it up...plus the packaging is kind of cool.

 

This snack is made by Maru Kyo, which is a Japanese food company, although these particular "french fries" are manufactured in Taiwan. I prefer having the entirety of the treat made in Japan but there is just something equally enticing and frightening about "ketchup" flavored anything.

 
(Little sticks of heaven...also, I think my photography skills have slightly improved)

Have any of you tried French's potato sticks? These are pretty much the same aside from the ketchup flavoring. I was not predisposed to thinking this snack was going to be delicious. I've already reviewed Bourbon's tomato crackers and they tasted like powdered marinara sauce. These. Were. Amazing. They were crispy and the ketchup REALLY tasted like ketchup. I was shocked! The flavor was not overpowering, but just right and somehow they avoided making it taste like fake tomato.

While the whole bag is one serving, I divided it up into some smaller ones. I had to really exercise some self control, you could easily consume the whole snack in a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment