Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Namennayo Card & Gum

こんにちは!

I took a trip up to Mitsuwa this morning and picked this treat up without any hesitation. It's a cat dressed up in clothing AND comes with a card with MORE pictures of cats dressed in clothing. How odd and awesome! It cost a little more than I like spending on small treats ($2.19 to be exact) but sometimes the adventure is worth a few more cents, right?

 

I did a little research on this and it seems a guy named Satoru Tsuda started this trend of taking photos of cats dressed in clothing back in the 1980s. I'm assuming there has been a revival or something since this gum and collector's card just came out.

(There are apparently some super secret 3D ones I didn't luck into getting)

The cats on the card I got are dressed as deliquent Japanese school students, hence the bandanas and unbuttoned shirts.

 

The back features the license of the cat "Chibisuke"...I'm guessing he's the smallest of the cats by his name.

 

The pack comes with a piece of gum that is simply bubblegum flavored. It was pretty soft and tasty, though the flavor lasted approximately 20 seconds.

 

I love purchasing things with a sticker or card...it's a super cute, relatively inexpensive way to sell candy and get kids (or people like me ;) ) to buy more. I wish I saw stuff like this in America!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anon,

    I was looking around the internet for a few days but I could not find someplace to order it. I bought it at Mitsuwa market in Edgewater, NJ but I know there is another location in CA. You may be able to call them and ask if they can ship you a box. Honestly, I will not be doing anything with my card. If you want to e-mail me, I'd be happy to send it out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I am madly in love with these cards! I can not find a place to order them online as well. I particularly love the one with the two cats smoking in the bathroom and I'd like to print them on a big canvas. Does your offer also apply to me? Because if you can get your hands on this particular card, I'd love it if you could sent it to me ;)

    Greetings Meriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely does, I still have the card and wrapper from this post. If you e-mail me at jlevine53@gmail.com with the address you'd like it sent to, I'll be happy to send it to someone who cares more for it! (It's been sitting in my "to-review" snack box since this post...)

    ReplyDelete