Friday, December 30, 2011

Kabaya Saku Saku Panda Biscuit Snack

こんばんは!

Sorry for the delay between postings folks...many days of 12 hour shifts with lots of physical activity makes you WANT TO DIE and subsequently not blog. I did eat some Japanese snacks however, and that slightly brightened the week.



Today we have possibly the longest named snack yet, Kabaya's Saku Saku Panda biscuit snack. The packaging is adorable, of course I bought it. I believe they were $2.79 at Mitsuwa.



The back is more of the same...it shows how there is chocolate on one side and biscuit on the other. The Japanese are really fond of the biscuit/chocolate combo I find. There must be a million different shapes and flavors of relatively the same theme.



I like the different Panda faces...I really wanted the one with the scared frowning face but I mostly got the one making the O mouth. There were 8 biscuits in total and the serving size is the whole box at 160 kcals. Really not a good deal if you think about it but I made 2 servings of it so it seemed less of a rip off.



Another great example of the Japanese attention to detail. How may American cereals/cookies/crackers come with comics printed on the bag inside the box? None I can recall. This basically recounts the epic tail of Mr. Detective Saku Panda and his junior detective finding the clue of footprints and discovering how delicious the foot prints are...okay...





The biscuits are in the same vein of other like snacks. The chocolate is pretty good quality and the biscuits crunchy and not overly sweet (which I like since a sweet biscuit with chocolate can be too much). Would I buy them again? Maybe...there are SO many other snacks that are similar I would likely pick up something else with less white chocolate.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment