Thursday, December 15, 2011

Choco-corn Snack

こんばんは!

I have to apologize for this one...or I don't. I don't really know. This snack is actually Korean although it is sold in Japan...and there's plenty of Japanese on the package to prove it! This was purchased at Mitsuwa for $2 and change.

I have some rhyme and reason for why I pick the snacks I do...I like certain flavors, companies, it's odd, etc. But I am certainly at fault for buying things based on the package. That little corn dude was practically shouting at me. If he thinks eating a product made of himself is delicious, then I have no choice but to think so too.



The name of the product isn't very creative...Choco-corn. The english label on the back says it's "Chococorn union". I don't get the "Union" part...either I missed it on the package or perhaps it's the company. The corn guy is actually saying something in Korean ,translated into katakana. I think it's "Mashinyo" but I always get katakana "so" and "n" messed up so it may be "Mashisoyo". The blurb on the back explains that that phrase means "oishii" in Japanese or delicious. Japanese lesson of the day- katakana is for any foreign word...my name, city names, etc. Since Korean is a foreign language their phrases get the same treatment as seeing something say "Merry Christmas" in Japanese.



Now, I'm not going to sugar coat this- the product looks like a pile of dog poo. I was actually expecting like a big Cocoa Puff. My first bite I was kind of "meh" about it. It tasted like a cheese puff but with chocolate instead of cheese food. The second piece hooked me though- it's chocolately, crunchy and melts in your mouth after a second. I could definitely eat a ton of these. Honestly, they are not bad for you either. 1/2 the bag is 180 cals and there are a TON in there. After maybe 10 I could consider myself finished for the sitting and it was maybe 1/4 of the bag.

If snacks were like this in America, it'd be a ton easier to forgo the Chips Ahoy and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment