Friday, December 9, 2011

Xylish Fresh Lemon Gum

こんにちは!

You know those impulse buys near the check out lines at stores? This was the result. You know how impulse buys aren't always thought out and well...good? Yea, this was one of those buys.



I was foolishly drawn my the Meiji brand...the promise of "fresh lemon" and the $1.99 pricetag...actually those aren't foolish BUT it did not live up to its expectations for sure.


(Shiny things are really hard to photograph!)

As with Meiji's other gum products, this was packaged exceedingly well. The little rectangular carton has a "drawer" which keeps the product from getting too squished in bags, etc. Each of the dozen pieces of gum are wrapped in little foil pockets. The little crosses on the outside I suppose are to show that it's healthy since it's sugar free.



The outside of the gun is coated with a candy shell and the gum itself is very soft. The taste is like a nasty lemon cough drop. It is VERY reminiscent of medication rather than ..an enjoyable piece of gum.

Now I like lemon a lot, I have been known to eat just lemons and other sour food substances but I could only hold out about 5 seconds before spitting it out.

Sorry Meiji but this is the first time your product has failed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment