Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pokemon Message Gum

こんばんは!

I'll admit it- I like Pokemon. It all started with Pokemon Red in middle school and it's had a soft spot in my heart ever since. Pokemon combined with a prize inside candy is instant win in my world and so I grabbed this at Mitsuwa for under $2.

It's a thin little cardboard pouch and I'll assume the major draw are the cards since there is one pack of gum inside. The front has Pikachu (of course), Zekrom and Reshiram. The little blurb under the cards presses the point that the images are examples and not necessarily what you'll get (duh).




The back is much the same...with the same blurb. It makes me wonder if they had some crazy fans or parents calling and complaining since they didn't get EXACTLY what was on their package of gum.





(The back is much better!)

The cards I got were Dewott and Panpour. This sucks- I hate both of them. Dewott looks retarded and those stupid elemental monkeys are awful. Maybe I'll call and complain to the gum company that I didn't get a Sandile or Pikachu card since that's what was on the package.



The gum itself is actually divided in half so I suppose it's 2 servings. When I tasted it i thought it was just a generic fruity flavor but the back of the package enlightened me to the fact that it's apple. It definatey wasn't bad! I don't love fake apple flavors too often but I didn't mind this at all. Like most gums for kids though, the flavor was gone after about 2 minutes of chewing.

In any case, I actually really enjoyed this product. I love getting little promotional things, and I definately make choices based on that (I am totally a sucker )= ). This was not too expensive and the quality of the packaging and promo items were high. I suppose the only issue I have is that I can't figure out what to do with the cards! Since they are card stock and size but have lines I don't know if they are stationary or just a collectible card!

No comments:

Post a Comment