Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lotte V.I.P Milk Chocolate

 こんばんは!

Today we have Lotte's V.I.P Fresh Cream Chocolate bars. I purchased this snack on my last Mitsuwa trip and found it on sale for only $1.99! I don't usually break for milk chocolate but this packaging looked so fancy that I had to give it a shot.I'm not sure that the V.I.P part is relevant but I suppose they were trying to class it up.


Doesn't the box really draw your eye? The gold bound box is very beautiful and the subtle pattern in the background is pretty elegant (for a candy wrapping of course).


I always appreciate the care put into the box design with these treats from Japan. They protect the product within beautifully and really add a bit to the excitement of trying what is inside. The size of the individually wrapped bars are perfect. It is just enough to be satisfying but you don't feel obligated to eat a ton, like you would a Hershey bar.

 

The taste was good (for milk chocolate) and reminded me more of a Nestle bar - a little bit more creamy and slightly sweeter than Hershey. I enjoyed it and the rest will surely make a great mid-afternoon sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment