Friday, October 26, 2012

Pringles Sweet Tomato

 こんばんは!

I hate Pringles. I know this is sacrilege to some but I will take a classic fried sliced potato over a weird congealed baked mashed potato substitute any day. Yet, I am not so jaded as to not try an interesting Japanese flavor of said baked snack. I picked up this "sweet tomato" variety at Mitsuwa for $1.99 in order to broaden my horizons and not succumb to my predispositions.


The packaging is the same as any small American Pringle tube.

 

I do find the Pringle chip with the picnic tablecloth and squeeze ketchup on his back interesting. I don't really understand if it is trying to be an anthropomorphic chip or a table or what.


Ok, I really liked this variety of Pringle. I admit it! While not something I really thought to be in the flavor profiles I seek, I seem to really like the tomato flavored potato snacks like Marukyo French Fries. I finished the entire tube with my husband in a few minutes.

Would I buy it again? Maybe. I really enjoyed it but there are SO many cool flavors of Japanese chips like seaweed and squid!

No comments:

Post a Comment