Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bourbon Choco Anpan

Today I tried another Bourbon product- Choco Anpan! I've reviewed two Bourbon products in the past- chili crackers and Petit cakes. Despite being very different products, my verdict was the same- almost good but lacking a little something. I don't know why I keep picking up their products- hope, perhaps?

("soft chocolate inside bread!")

The box is very tempting...Mr. Bourbon Chef looks like he knows exactly what he's doing. Apparently there's both calcium AND Vitamin D in this treat- how exciting and healthful!

 

The interior packaging is cute..including Mr. Bourbon Chef and the company name in katakana.

 

The little "buns" really do look like their actual counterparts! The browning on the top and sesame seeds look fairly realistic.

 

The actual treat? The same exact feeling as the other products! (what did I expect?). The bun was softer than expected but in a soggy way. I was hoping for a bit of crunch. The chocolate was chocolate, rather unremarkable. I have to apologize for my insistence on this brand...reviews of mediocre food are boring!

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame, the packaging is so cute! Maybe go with the opposite approach for the next snack? A product with simple, even untempting, packaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I did that once and the product was DELICIOUS. It was probably one of my favorites that I've reviewed...and yet, I apparently don't learn from the past. I'm considering limiting myself to only plainly packaged items on my next shopping journey.

      Delete