Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pocky

おはよう!

Just in time for Halloween, I found this great "sweet pumpkin" flavored Pocky. It's kind of a hit-or-miss find in the States. I saw it a few years ago and it disappeared for a while- I was shocked when I saw it on the shelves this time around!

This box is small, sort of like the strawberry Pocky ones I often see. The hiragana says "sweet pumpkin".

The back is great- there's a weird little comic about the pumpkin fairy changing the Panda into pumpkin color with her magic Pocky wand...or something like that.

(po-ki po-ki po-ki-- ieeei!)

She's even on the foil package! They really go all out for the seasonal flavors...standard issue Pocky is not nearly as awesome.




The sticks are the same as normal Pocky but the pumpkin coating is a great flavor. It is similar to pumpkin ice cream more than anything. It's very sweet and pumpkin-y but low on the pumpkin spice scale. I typically don't like flavors that are white chocolate based, there's something too artificial about it but this flavor is something I would shell out the $2.49 for each season.

じゃまたね~

No comments:

Post a Comment